Angela is an educated, experienced, dependable professional dedicated to providing the best services possible. Click the links below to see evidence of Angela’s teaching, management, organization, and education.
- Angela’s Master of Library and Information Science final portfolio
- The bottom half of page 2 of this document is about a state-wide educational program she ran for two years and assisted with for two and a half years before that. It involved coordinating a mass mailing to all schools in Iowa, managing mass quantities of posters turned in by thousands of students, lining up prominent figures in the energy field to judge posters, and creating a special awards ceremony at the state capitol for the winners.
- This article about Earth Day shows Angela advocating for her employer, a Center at a state university, and for the environment through hands-on, fun, educational activities.
- While a student at the University of Northern Iowa and later as a full-time professional there, Angela developed and taught (fully independently as a professional) summer camps for students featuring hands-on, engaging, educational activities. She got to know her students so she could adapt the curriculum as necessary to best engage the students and encourage lifelong learning.
- Angela was honored to be asked to speak as an authority on solar energy and renewable energy in Iowa to a high school business class. This involved a hands-on class before school and a researched, professional presentation to students during class.
- She developed unique approaches to convey complex concepts such as economics and energy efficiency to a wide variety of audiences.
- Angela is also curious by nature and passionate about learning. To that end, she reads mostly non-fiction and attends classes (MOOCs while stay-at-home-mother is her day job) and events to further her education outside the academy.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST